Director, Russell & Yelland Architects, Adelaide
John has a long-standing interest in educational design with projects ranging from childcare centres through to major university projects.
John’s interest in the relationship between lifelong learning and the community was further sparked th rough his involvement in the planning of the Stage 1 of Mawson Lakes School and The Mawson Centre, a joint project of UniSA, DECS and the Land Management Corporation which provides university, school and community facilities in the same building.
More recently, his involvement in projects such as Galilee Catholic Learning Community has gained international recognition because of the close alignment of the school’s educational principles and the design of the buildings and site. He was also involved in the recent planning study for an Early Childhood Centre for Innovation, which included input from a number of state and non-government providers and SA Thinker in Residence Carla Rinaldi from Reggio Children in Italy.
- Lynne Symons - Principal, Mark Oliphant College, Birth – 12, SA
- Professor Martin Westwell - Strategic Professor in the Scienc e of Learning, Flinders University, SA
- Peter Moeck - Director of Peter Moeck Architect
- Dani Martin - Associate Director of EIW Architects, WA
- Felicity Lewis - Architect
- Dr Ben Cleveland - Research Fellow in the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning, University of Melbourne
- Pam Ronan - Principal, St Francis de Sales College, Mt Barker, SA
- Tina Adamo - Early Childhood Advisor, Catholic Education SA
- Susan Krieg - Associate Professor and Program Coordinator, Early Childhood, School of Education, Flinders University, SA
- Dr Julia Atkin - Education and Learning Consultant, Learning by Design, Harden, NSW
- Ana Sala-Oviedo and Emma Marshall - Educational Planners with New Learning Environments / Rubida Research
- Jan Millikan - Educational Consultant
- John Held - Director, Russell & Yelland Architects, Adelaide
- Lisa Burman - Pedagogical Consultant
- Jodie Higgins, Kerri Gould and Paul Johnson - Galilee Catholic School