Principal, Mark Oliphant College, Birth – 12, SA
Role of Place and Space in Entitlement and Engagement at Mark Oliphant College
If you would like access to Lynne's presentation, contact Helen at email@example.com and she will provide access via dropbox.
Lynne Symons has been a principal for over twenty years. She has been the principal of a special school, the behaviour management school for South Australia, a metropolitan secondary school, R-12 school and girls' school. Since 2010 she has been the foundation principal of Mark Oliphant College B-12. In 2012 Lynne won the SA Public Teaching Awards – Inspirational Leader of the Year. In 2013 she was awarded the Public Service Medal for Education for her work in disadvantaged schools.
Mark Oliphant College Birth – 12 is the first purpose built facility in South Australia combining care, preschool, junior primary, primary and secondary education. The college has four discrete sub-schools – Early Years, Primary Years, Middle Years and Senior Years. Innovation is a cornerstone of the college as we live our "motto" that "The Future is Now". MOC has seen an enormous increase in entitlement and engagement through effectively creating innovative space and place for our children and young people be it physical, digital, virtual or curriculum space.
- Lynne Symons - Principal, Mark Oliphant College, Birth – 12, SA
- Professor Martin Westwell - Strategic Professor in the Scienc e of Learning, Flinders University, SA
- Peter Moeck - Director of Peter Moeck Architect
- Dani Martin - Associate Director of EIW Architects, WA
- Felicity Lewis - Architect
- Dr Ben Cleveland - Research Fellow in the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning, University of Melbourne
- Pam Ronan - Principal, St Francis de Sales College, Mt Barker, SA
- Tina Adamo - Early Childhood Advisor, Catholic Education SA
- Susan Krieg - Associate Professor and Program Coordinator, Early Childhood, School of Education, Flinders University, SA
- Dr Julia Atkin - Education and Learning Consultant, Learning by Design, Harden, NSW
- Ana Sala-Oviedo and Emma Marshall - Educational Planners with New Learning Environments / Rubida Research
- Jan Millikan - Educational Consultant
- John Held - Director, Russell & Yelland Architects, Adelaide
- Lisa Burman - Pedagogical Consultant
- Jodie Higgins, Kerri Gould and Paul Johnson - Galilee Catholic School